My old ass computer

Juice1

Fully Optimized
OK so I have this old computer that has a celeron 1.3GHz and it has 768 mb ram, but for some reason it only reads 512. Anyone know how I can get it to read the other 256? If it's something that can't be fixed then whatever because it's just an old computer that I use for CS:S and the other 256 would be nice to have working.

I'd like to point out, that the extra ram won't help CS:S in this case.
Your cpu is without doubt the bottleneck.

I'm surprised it can even play CS:S. You don't use the "New build" rig in your sig for gaming lol?

ONBOARD GRAPHICS SHARED MEMORY! Do you have a GPU built into your motherboard or do you use a graphics card plugged into the motherboard?

Yeah well...256MB, THAT much?

Can you give us more specs than what's the speeds and such? Like...a motherboard model?

I'm surprised it can even play CS:S. You don't use the "New build" rig in your sig for gaming lol?
New build is not complete yet.

ONBOARD GRAPHICS SHARED MEMORY! Do you have a GPU built into your motherboard or do you use a graphics card plugged into the motherboard?
Read my sig, I have an AGP card

Also your sig is a little bit over 5 lines

Yeah well...256MB, THAT much?

Can you give us more specs than what's the speeds and such? Like...a motherboard model?

It's some intel motherboard, (yes made by intel) Well IDK the chipset is a i815 from 2001, socket 370, atx form, got agp, pci, sdram. 3 slots ram, I have 3 256MB SdRam sticks in there but it only picks up 512, in bios, cpu-z, system properties, et cetera.

It never picked the other one up... it did on a different OS. I tried switching them around too, it seems to only want to read 512

Back
Top Bottom