My NEW RIG!!!

Ya that ASUS board is the one I am talking about.... but is the extra bandwidth worth it? AHHHH too many annoying decisions.

It's the fastest board around. But to be honest, you're probably not going to take full advantage of the bandwidth as you suggest. In the future, you will see the advantage of it as software matures. Developer's of games and such are sooooo far behind of hardware now, it's not even funny. Microsoft's Vista won't even be out until next Christmas, another delay in the pure 64-bit operating environment. A lot of games however, are multi-threaded to take on dual core, but don't know about SLi. If you do buy this now, this motherboard should last you for a long time.

Or you can buy a cheaper motherboard (half the orice of this Asus one) and upgrade in the next few years.

What?? It means each CARD would run at x16 on the PCI-E slot... Instead of running at x8... Well either way I would have an awesome system which would be 100x better then the crappy dell I got now... which is acting up. I currently loaded a cd into the ce rom drive and it is going nuts. The drive is incredibly loud and it sounds like its going to fall apart at any second. Too many decisions to make. Why dont I just go with the 7800gtx 512mb right now and maybe in a few years when the prices come down add the second :p.

Back
Top Bottom