Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default My new computer is not behaving correctly.

Well it has not been more than a week that I got my new motherboard and since the second I assembled it, it has not been working correctly. After 3 days and many burnt DVD's, I realized the second stick of RAM was dead. After removing it, W7 installation went as planned. I soon installed Mozilla Firefox and that too did not go as smoothly as I had planned and got many false downloads. After installing my wireless adapter, my internet starts to drop out at least 10-20 times a day requiring a restart to reconnect. Next and last, my favorite game quits during the middle when anything gets too intense. The game is not I high resorce game and I have played much larger maps with more players with more ships on much weaker machines and I have never had any problem like this. The game then has to be restarted to run again and it continues to do frequent shutdowns.

For lack of a better explanation, I think I'd better try reinstalling Windows 7 or RMA'ing my motherboard. But before I do anything, do I have any other options or things that could be causing my problems?

XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: My new computer is not behaving correctly.

As far as your wireless problems.....I dont think that is related to your mother board. Since I have installed Windows 7 from XP my wireless drops every 10 min and requires a restart. I have given up on it and went with wired internet and now I have no problems.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I use W7, and my computers works fine.

Try disconnecting everything, then reconnect them. If that doesnt work, then I guess reinstall windows?

Is there another board you can try?
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdricK View Post
As far as your wireless problems.....I dont think that is related to your mother board. Since I have installed Windows 7 from XP my wireless drops every 10 min and requires a restart. I have given up on it and went with wired internet and now I have no problems.
Strange thing is my other problems all seem to have come at a strange time. My sister's wireless adapter with the exact same OS as mine and her's works perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
I use W7, and my computers works fine.

Try disconnecting everything, then reconnect them. If that doesnt work, then I guess reinstall windows?

Is there another board you can try?
I've tried all of that. And I don't have another motherboard to use.
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

I bet a Q6600 and an EVGA 750i sounds pretty good right now, haha.

Sounds like your board. But it maybe your processor. Try using another one from another machine.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote