my motherboard's fan plugs...

dont know how good they work but it seems like a good idea , all you need is one spare 4 pin molex and a spare usb port , also dont know how much it costs and where to get it from

muz379 said:
dont know how good they work but it seems like a good idea , all you need is one spare 4 pin molex and a spare usb port , also dont know how much it costs and where to get it from

surprisingly (or at least I thought so), it was around $30 on TigerDirect, a pretty good deal if you ask me...

this is the "fan" that I have screwed onto my heatsink right now, I took one of the fans off and it seems to be holding it's own at the moment...

FANS_VANT_SL_CO_more.jpg

wol-va-rine said:
surprisingly (or at least I thought so), it was around $30 on TigerDirect, a pretty good deal if you ask me...

this is the "fan" that I have screwed onto my heatsink right now, I took one of the fans off and it seems to be holding it's own at the moment...

FANS_VANT_SL_CO_more.jpg

that looks kind of liek the heat thingy in my dell desktop
26302.jpg

maybe try getting one of those, the green thingy goes over the heatsink on the processor and to a 120mm case fan

LambOfGod said:
Celcius?

what processor do you have?

yes, that was yesterday after I had just reseated the heatsink with the tiny fan, maybe the heatsink compound had to settle/spread to become more effective...? because after the first hour or so with it running 65+, it has been steadily around 51 (idle) and 56 (under load, which believe me isn't much, I'm not a gamer), with a decent heatsink and fan I think I could probably keep it at or under 40...

I have an Intel pentium4 willamette C1 (1.5 ghz), also, the mobo temp has been around 35 degrees for about the same amount of time, when I do get the heatsink and fan I'm gonna look into OCing this puppy (though I probably won't do it), because I read somewhere that it OCed to about 2.4 ghz, though I can't recall if it was OCed from 1.5 or 1.8 ghz in the article...

doesnt 65 seem very hot? And i feel for u with the fan problem i blew up a mobo a while back getting the USB pins in the wrong way...

That is A warmer running system for not being overclocked.

But it is not too high.

i just wanted to make sure. what are you using to monitor your temps?

LambOfGod said:
That is A warmer running system for not being overclocked.

But it is not too high.

i just wanted to make sure. what are you using to monitor your temps?

I usually check in the setup when I boot and then run pcwizard once it's up and running...

Anubis1980 said:
doesnt 65 seem very hot? And i feel for u with the fan problem i blew up a mobo a while back getting the USB pins in the wrong way...

I'm just glad that the fan connections were the only thing that I fried, I've found ways around that...

Back
Top Bottom