Is this my mother board model?

hollowed454

Beta member
I'm trying to connect my computer to my HDTV and was talking to the IT guy at my job. My HDTV can only connect via a HDMI cable so I have to have a video card with a HDMI port. IT told me I needed to know what kind of slot I have...PCI PCI-e and he said the easiest way to find out is to know the motherboard model number. So I think I found the model number but not sure and if that is it still not being able to figure out what kind of slot I have. Eventually I'm going to upgrade the whole thing but for now I just want to change the video card so i can connect and when I have some extra cash upgrade it. Below are some of my system specs. thank you

eMachines EL1331G P01-A0

Processor
1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded

Main Circuit Board
Board: eMachines WMCP61M
Bus Clock: 201 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD P01-A0 07/30/2009

Display
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 [Display adapter]
Generic Non-PnP Monitor

Used a program called CPUID and got more information

Card Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
BIOS Version: 5.61.32.25.16
Device ID: 10DE - 03D0
Bus Interface: PCI
Subvendor: Acer Incorporated [ALI] (1025)
ROPs: 1
Shaders: 2 Pixel / 1 Vertex (DX 9.0c)
Pixel Fillrate: 0.4 GPixel/s
Texture Fillrate: 0.4 GTexel/s
Memory Type: DDR
Bus Width: 64 bit
Driver: nvlddmkm 8.15.11.8637 (ForceWare 186.37) / Win7 64

Best way is to open up the case and check.

828.jpg

The black one is the PCI-Express card, and the whites are standard PCI slots. The one at the far right is a PCI-Express X1 slot...not used by video cards.

Pop the side off and snap a pic and post it here, we'll tell you if it's a pci-e or not.

According to the eMachines website. Link here. You only have One PCI Express ×1. Which doesn't seem right to me. You should go ahead and check inside.

I looked at the EL1331G as well and it's only a x1 slot. It could be possible.

Back
Top Bottom