My montier is starting to hurt my eyes.. what to do?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Yeah.. My montier has recently started to hurt my eyes. What should I do about it? And no, the refresh rate doesnt help.. I think I need an LCD, because those are alot easier on the eyes for me. What do you all think. But just to let you know... I cant buy anything, lol. I need to make due with this POS.

I have that trouble and lessened it quite a bit by adjusting the brightness and contrast. Also you may need glasses or new glasses if you already wear them. I went to Wally's and got a cheap pair to cover the range of vision needed at my computer only.

like bill said

lcd is more brightness and sharpness than flat crt... normal ( 5+) crt is not that brightness... but old (10_ years) crt is not good idea to use unless it is expensive and best monitor company such as viewsonic like mine.

so you can adjust to your comfortable... if you dont feel comfortable then buy a monitor that suits you.

kinda "special monitor" ... "not cheapy monitor"

This is a common problem. I suggest you get another monitor... LCDs are excellent on the eyes, compared to CRTs...

There is something called Eye-strain that you can get from CRTs and they HURT. Basically what happens is you start to see multi-colored spots and you begin to loose focus on the screen. Followed by that is a nerve wrecking headache that lasts for about 30 minutes. That's evidence that you gotta change your CRT! I had that same problem and I had to get rid of my monitor quickly! So, almost immediately, I bought a new monitor.

CRT is with thebig tube. The tube displays,but the way it displays (With a powerful light) makes your brain go crazy. Remember, your brain can see, not the eye. The eye transfers

Yeah, mine hurt after a little bit, I just turn the brightness way down, then put a light on.

I found when I made the switch from CRT to LCD the eye strain almost ceased to exist. People say LCDs are brighter (which they are if you want them to be) but you can just dim them a bit and they seem to be very nice on the eyes. At least for me anyway.

Yeah LCD is alot better on the eyes.

That said, my CRT seems to be alright. Though it can be a bit bright at times.

I run at 70hz refresh, and at least I can't tell theres a flicker (or at least not much of one). 60hz is terrible for the eyes, on a CRT.

Well im always adjusting the contrast, and brightness. And I have 20/20 vision, so I know I dont need glasses, or new ones. So basicly if it continues to happen, I should invest in an LCD. Any ideas what one? And I think id want one with at leats 12ms timing... But.. Theres like those sharp, and unltra sharp and all that jazz. So.. What would i need?

Back
Top Bottom