my monitor is acting weird

ocfre

Baseband Member
Ok here is the problem

When i restart my computer, it powers down and all, but inside of coming back up, the screen just does its off mode in 5 secs junk and doesn't come back on, and the only way to get it on again is to keep turning it off and on with the power button on the CPU. until it comes back on together. sometimes it takes a few trys, sometimes it does it on the first time i turn it off and back on, sometimes it just restarts normal.
turning the monitor off and on doesn't seem to help. Though i'm not sure, b/c i turn it on and off sometimes and sometimes i don't.

anyone know what could be making this happen?

There are a few different things that could be causing it..
Your monitor is not powering down but is actually going into hibernation and is not getting the signal to waken which is probably what is going on and can be caused by various software issues.
navigate to control panel>power options and then hibernating tab...uncheck the enable hibernation box and apply and reboot and see if that helps.
If that doesn't do any good then go back to power options and under power schemes select "always on"
change standby mode to "never". reboot and see if that helps.
The third issue couls be just a glitch in your files(which happens all the time)
you will need an original copy of the M$ installation disc and not a system restore disc supplied by the maufacturer.
start > run type sfc /scannow in the space and press enter and when prompted insert the disc and it will restore the files to the original condition.

M$?? what is this? i do not know if i have it. I have a custom built computer from cyberpower pc and its about 2 years old. and this monitor junk just started happening 2 months ago after i opened my case and pulled out my ram stick to see what i had and put it back in, after that the screen did it once, then came back on, then after that it stopped doing it until a few days ago. but ya what is this M$?

ya, other things didn't work, i'll try the 3rd thing as soon as i know what your tlaking about lol

no, the CPU is running fine, but to get the screen back on, i have to turn the CPU on and off till the screen decides to catch and turn back on, or however you want to look at it... its hard to explain. i just know its botheirng me.

ocfre said:
M$?? what is this? i do not know if i have it. I have a custom built computer from cyberpower pc and its about 2 years old. and this monitor junk just started happening 2 months ago after i opened my case and pulled out my ram stick to see what i had and put it back in, after that the screen did it once, then came back on, then after that it stopped doing it until a few days ago. but ya what is this M$?
M$ is MS or Micro$oft or Microsoft, it's a l33t thing d00d.

So what Lurk's was saying to you was put your Microsoft Windows XP cd into your cd rom drive, then go to start / run type sfc /scannow and press enter.

hmm all i have is a cyber power recovery cd-rom and it has windows xp home edition on but it seems to be taking that disk when it ask.... so i guess that is my windows disk?

ok well, that didn't work either, none of the above helped... you guys got any other clues?

Hmm, the fact that the computer is working, the way you are suggeting it (though the CPU fan can still spin up when its not working. Check for drives lights coming on, etc)

I would think first, its the video card in some way, since its not giving the signal to the monitor. Open your PC up and take the card out, and push it back in again, re-inserting the video outputs to the monitor too. Does this work?
If its a PCI card, try in a different slot also.

If its an onboard video card, and so isn't any, it could be a chip fault of some sort.

If its a very powerful video cad though, what wattage does your power supply give out? Too low could make it so the card wouldn't power up and if it does, might take a while to warm up to it (i think it could anyway)

I hope some of these suggestions help :)

Back
Top Bottom