My moms computer keys saying the NTLDR is missing.

tivaelydoc1

In Runtime
I put in 3 different hard drives from 3 different computers and all of them say that the NTLDR is missing. I know all those hard drives have OS's installed and I'm pretty sure that one of the correct jumpers is installed on the hard drives, if not all of them because I haven't tampered with them. When I tried to use the original hard drive, this problem kept coming up:

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=60980

I've reinstalled the NBR too.

I'm slightly aware of that, but how else am I supposed to back up the original hard drive or even reinstall the OS on the original hard drive if it doesn't load?

I put in 3 different hard drives from 3 different computers and all of them say that the NTLDR is missing. I know all those hard drives have OS's installed and I'm pretty sure that one of the correct jumpers is installed on the hard drives, if not all of them because I haven't tampered with them. When I tried to use the original hard drive, this problem kept coming up:

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=60980

I've reinstalled the NBR too.

You took out the primary drive. Windows is dumb like this. It installs the nesscary boot files to only ONE of the drives most of the time, meaning NTDLR was on a different hard drive. Unplug the other hard drives and from the windows XP recovery console run FIXBOOT. Should fix the problem.

If you are dual booting windows on a modern computer, I just recommend using the "select boot device" that you can usually access by pressing esc, f11 or f12 on booting.

for me, I have to press "F11" and select a boot device whenever I boot up, and tell it to boot off my OS HD. Otherwise, I too get that error EVERY TIME I reboot.. but I am gonna format here in a while so it doesn't bother me.

Yeah basically you have to boot it from the original HD or are you reinstalling? boot from CD

i get this problem every now and again. what it is for me is that my bios or whatever changes the primary boot hard drive. so i have to go into bios and select the right one with my OS on

Back
Top Bottom