My mobo fan isn't working.

tivaelydoc1

In Runtime
The fan is rotating wrong or something. It goes around 75% fine, then it'll it lag, then repeat. I cleaned it out and aired it out and it booted up fine, no lag. Half way into the internet, it started lagging again. I had this computer for 2 years and it just started doing this recently. I haven't overclocked any settings. What should I do?

When it rotates around, instead of stopping, it just slows down then speeds back up to normal. So it goes about 75% of the way at normal speed and then at half speed for the rest of the 25%. But it doesn't stop, it just lags.

ok try and go into your motherboards BIOS and turn off the automatic fan speed control option, then see if that makes any difference.

Edit: It might not be called "automatic fan speed control" but something along the lines of automatic, fan, speed, control etc

Yea, I spent some time and I couldn't find anything remotely close. Nothing had speed adjustments or anything. I was in the BIOS options.

animation2rv9.gif

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6105/animation2rv9.gif
That is what my mobo fan is doing. Its' making noise too.

have you tried using a different fan such as the case fan (if you have one) ? And also if your motherboard has more than one fan socket, try the fan in different ones.

mobo fan? yeah OK, but exactly which mobo and which fan? Is your Northbridge fan cooled? cpu fan?

It may well be the bearing lubrication is failing but until the actual fan is identified I won't suggest anything.

[SIZE=-1]875P (canterwood) chipset, ABIT IC7 (G?). I used a lot of air to clean it. It's a stock mobo fan. And there is only one.
[/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom