Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz
Default My mobo chipset fan died...

I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe in case you're wondering. Anyway, it's been giving me some problems lately, about a week or so ago, it would take awhile to actually get going, like if I turned my comp off and then on, it would slowly rotate, then after a few minutes it would go full speed. But now, after playing an hour or so of Halo, I looked at it and it wasn't moving, I tried restarting, turning my comp off and then on, it won't move so I'm assuming it's dead. Anyone know of any good replacements? Thanks.

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB 3.0 | AMD Athlon II X2 245 | 2X2GB A-DATA DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | OCZ StealthXStream 500W | Logitech G500 Mouse
winterfreshpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #2
Default Re: My mobo chipset fan died...

Since there aren't many third party chipset fans, you'll probably have to contact Asus for a replacement.

catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
Baseband Member

if anything in your comp isn't going over the chipset fan and if you have good air circulation, I'd say go with the Zalman passive cooler

A lot of people are having problems with the chipset fan on the A8N-SLI.
the Zalman one doesn't make noise which is great, but if you live somewhere hot like california you should try to find another chipset cooler with a fan. And, you could always call Asus and tell them about it so that they can send you the new one, which is what I did.
gamja.namja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:55 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to Š88

It's very common for the chipset fan to cave on the A8N-SLI Deluxe. Mine hasn't stopped working for me yet but then again I haven't owned mine very long. Just for my own record how long did you own this board before the chipset died on you?
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote