Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-31-2006, 01:43 AM   #11
Golden Master

Default Re: My MASSIVE overclock! bwhahahaha!!!

Wow man, great work with a P4. Take a picture of the inderds of the case, would you? I want to take a look see at the cooling system.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:47 AM   #12
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Right now it's performing as if it were at 2.8 GHz!!! It doesn't go any higher in idle temps then it would if it were lowered. I raised the low-thresh hold for the CPU fan, so that it doesn't go anything below 1100 RPM, it was at 600 RPM default, but I gave it a boost to compensate for the higher clock and thus higher heat rates. But yes, all is well, I'm about to run a few BF2 games to see how it goes.

Oh snaps, we're gettign some hard winds, the power is flucuating! AHHHH!!! Don't have a poweroutage when I'm testing my CPU!!! That would suck...

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:55 AM   #13
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

In this picture you can see the CPU fan quite clear, as well as the 120mm fan right next to it, and the RAM heatsinks. This picture really gives you an idea of what this Spire CPU heatsink/fan can do!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:21 AM   #14
BSOD

Wow 1337 Dude very sexy picture and nice overclock!! Remember to watch out for the heat though!!
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:43 AM   #15
BSOD

Well, after playing a round of BF2, I checked what ASUS Probe had to say. It reported that the highest temperature it got to was 76C, close to my 80C thresh hold, and on the mark of what a site was saying a P4 should not go past, which is 75C. But I'm only 1C off so I think that's OK. If anything happens, it should automatically shutdown the PC, which is good!

So yes, I think I can leave it at 3.64 GHz. Does anyoen think I should lower the speed or do anything else to compensate for the heat? Also, can someone please try to find what the MAXIMUM temperature for a Pentium 4 Prescott CPU can run at? I read 75C, but then I heard from someone else that you should only worry at 80C - 90C. Don't know who to believe, but for now, I'm leaving it at 3.64 GHz, as the speed is awesome, and the heat isn't anythign unbearable, at least for the moment!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:56 AM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Thay MAY help..
http://www.computing.net/cpus/wwwboard/forum/10644.html
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:56 AM   #17
Fully Optimized

You want one of the AMD 144's. Be overclocked to FX-55 speeds easlily, Goes past 3 GHZ
99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:59 AM   #18
Golden Master

But he doesnt have an Amd

Look at this too...
http://www.3dgameman.com/forums/show...threadid=22293
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 01-31-2006, 05:17 AM   #19
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337DuD3
Well, after playing a round of BF2, I checked what ASUS Probe had to say. It reported that the highest temperature it got to was 76C, close to my 80C thresh hold, and on the mark of what a site was saying a P4 should not go past, which is 75C. But I'm only 1C off so I think that's OK. If anything happens, it should automatically shutdown the PC, which is good!

So yes, I think I can leave it at 3.64 GHz. Does anyoen think I should lower the speed or do anything else to compensate for the heat? Also, can someone please try to find what the MAXIMUM temperature for a Pentium 4 Prescott CPU can run at? I read 75C, but then I heard from someone else that you should only worry at 80C - 90C. Don't know who to believe, but for now, I'm leaving it at 3.64 GHz, as the speed is awesome, and the heat isn't anythign unbearable, at least for the moment!
WOAH WOAH WOAH

STOP NOW!!!! You're going to fry that thing in 2 months or so!!! Lower it down to about 3.4GHz and check the temperature. Oh yea, before you overclock, check out some DDR 3200 ram and get a new video card so you can really be OCing and enjoying it!! Try to keep your temps under 65 degrees celcius while playing games!!
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:32 AM   #20
Golden Master

Are you serious.. Dude.. UNDER?!?! 65c?!. This is a prescott man. It idles at 67c. Maybe with his better-then-mine cooling, its like 63c. If hes lucky..

()_) ()_)--o-)_)