Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default My Laptop Hates Me

i recently got a laptop with an Athlon X2 processor and idk what the deal is, but when i am online, using my wireless network, my computer will often times lose connection, then when i go to disable/enable my network connection to get it back, the computer will lock up. after a restart, it works again, but there is no end to the frustration that this computer has brought me in the month ive had it. aside from take it back, do you have any suggestions. has anyone else had trouble out of the X2 or had any similar issues

Leecs1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:56 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: My Laptop Hates Me

Its not the x2, its your wireless card...Did you put a wireless card in, or is it a built in? Also, try using a ethernet wire, and connect to the internet, see if it does the same thing...Then you can slowly isolate the problem....

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #3
Beta Member

I have successfully used the ethernet port and yes the card came on the computer. if models mean anything to you, it's a Gateway MX3414. the wireless craps out like no tomorrow, but the internet works fine if it is hard wired. its also not my network because i have another laptop and desktop that i can do the same stuff on and not get kicked
Old 09-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #4
Golden Master

Yeah, well thats either a setting gone wrong, in wireless connections, or your wireless card is f'd up..May I ask, why you thought this had to do with the processor?

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #5
Beta Member

someone said it could be a number of issues, said check online for forums and stuff to see if anyone else had the same problem. he said check for processor issues, wireless issues, the particular model computer, and so on. thanks for the help
Old 09-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Chainer Send a message via MSN to Chainer Send a message via Yahoo to Chainer

Ewwwww....Gateway. Just kidding man!

Best thing I can suggest, is report a faulty wireless card to Gateway. As long as it's not integrated, they may send you a new card out for installation. Or, if it is integrated, and you have At-Home service, they will send a technician to your residence to fix the Notebook.

Chainer is offline   Reply With Quote