My intel vs ur Amd..?

arrizx said:
Oh man, let me guess.... Amd..
That was hard.. hehe..

No, Intels encode videos faster than AMD. There reason why is that Intel has longer pipelines, thus fast clock speeds. When it comes to video encoding, it does the same thing over and over again, not like gaming where it the program has branches. Video encoding doesnt branch because its the same process over and over again. When a program branches, the processor has to flush its pipelines clean, but since video encoding you dont have to flush it out since its the same thing over and over again. Have fun reading :D I dont encode videos so im an AMD person. If i were ever to encode videos, ill go Intel most definately.

Well.... I don't know... dual opteron's pwns any cpu out today, and that was in video encoding. I don't know how the EE dual core would've done, but the opteron did an amazing job... beating even a 4.25ghz pent. 4....

ownage said:
No, Intels encode videos faster than AMD. There reason why is that Intel has longer pipelines, thus fast clock speeds. When it comes to video encoding, it does the same thing over and over again, not like gaming where it the program has branches. Video encoding doesnt branch because its the same process over and over again. When a program branches, the processor has to flush its pipelines clean, but since video encoding you dont have to flush it out since its the same thing over and over again. Have fun reading :D I dont encode videos so im an AMD person. If i were ever to encode videos, ill go Intel most definately.

Yeah, I thought that Intel encoded video faster, but I was afraid to say that. :p

Don't Opterons have one more HyperTransport thing? They have three isntead of two like the FX or 64 series, don't they?

jac006 said:
Well.... I don't know... dual opteron's pwns any cpu out today, and that was in video encoding. I don't know how the EE dual core would've done, but the opteron did an amazing job... beating even a 4.25ghz pent. 4....

Im talking single cores here. :p

jac006 said:
Hey, the fx-57 might just be able to do an equal job with the 3.8ghz EE intel... I want to see some benchmark's...

and id like to know why id plan on video codeing, after of course i figure it out, lol..

Because not everyone who uses a computer plans to game with it. Some use it for video editing, etc.

Back
Top Bottom