My HP printer--RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Talk about a nightmare I've been having with my PC. It all started with a printer problem. It told me the cartridges were the wrong type. How could this be if I've been using since the first day I bought the printer? I cleaned the tanks with a cotton swab just as the instructions told me to do and got all the excess ink off. Stuck it back in and still gives me the same error.

Perhaps software got screwed up? Removed any instance of HP in the registry (HP folder), got rid of all the hp*.* files according to HP tech support and reinstall drivers. Now, it keep insisting that an hpzinm0.dll file was missing and cannot continue installation. What the crap?! I tried downloading software from their site and still no go. The CD didn't help. Can't even find that file in Windows search. Tech support was stumped and continue to blame it on Windows and even suggested System Restore. Didn't help.

I went to a friends house to see if I can add my printer to his machine and sure enough, same error message popped up regarding the ink cartridges. Now it was hardware and figured I would buy a new HP printer (on it's way from Newegg) instead of replacing the cartridges.

Messing with files on my hard drive messed up other system files and forced me to reinstall everything!!! Error messages and slowdown gave me no choice. But at least, everything is back up and running again. WIth a fresh install, I'm looking forward to getting my new HP printer.

Maybe the printer purposely created that error message to tell me the inks were running low? If so, that was one deceptive warning. In either case, buy a new printer and screw upgrading the old one. You'll get a cheaper deal on a whole new printer than buying new ink cartridges anyways.

I would love a laser printer and thought about getting one too. The reason why I rejected that thought was because I use color printouts just as much as black and white. We all know how expensive laser color printers are and talk about the bulkness of those beasts!

I'll give HP another chance. If I end up having problems again, then I'm switching to Epson or Canon printers.

No. I don't refill them. The excess ink I'm referring to is probably from normal buildup. Perhaps from partially clogged nozzles? I cleaned all that up though, but now I'm scrapping the printer. I'm just going to reuse the USB cable for my new one. Sad thing is the 3650 series printer is so new too. I had it since last November, I think. This is like the third printer I purchased in the last three years. One printer per year.

Yup, I'm kind of thinking that too. All three of my previous printers are HP. I guess I'm pretty fed up with them. I'm surprised I still went ahead and ordered another HP. What was I thinking? I hear great reviews on Canon printers though but in my mind, I keep hearing the names HP and Epson. I guess because they're pretty much household items these days. Canons are so underrated and deserve better.

Lexmark cartridges are the killer they are just to expensive. Also I never had much success refilling them, they would just die. I reckon the Canon's would be a good printer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom