My hard drive bummed out!

stuckinthecave

Baseband Member
I have an external hard drive with more than 30Gb of irreplaceable files, and it stopped working. I can hear the drive spinning and the head moving around, but it wont show up in windows and I can't access it through the command dos. Is there any way I can fix it, other than spending hundreds of dollars to have it recovered?

if the drive is spinning then it may be the casing or the USB lead thats gone

try taking the hardrive out ad pluggin it inside your pc if it doesnt work then its not looking good

I have an external hard drive with more than 30Gb of irreplaceable files, and it stopped working. I can hear the drive spinning and the head moving around, but it wont show up in windows and I can't access it through the command dos. Is there any way I can fix it, other than spending hundreds of dollars to have it recovered?

Likely it's the USB enclosure, i recomend buying a new USB enclosure and throwing your current hard drive in it.

Second possibility is that the HD Controller on the HD is dead, and the PCB needs to be replaced. Not that hard if you have an IDENTICAL hard drive.

I'm not sure why, but the drive is working again. Is there a service that will host my files on a server somewhere. It needs to be very, very secure.

Back
Top Bottom