My Half-Life 2 won't install!

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
OK, most of you know that I reformatted a few days ago so I had to install everything again. I tried installing my HL2 and it wouldn't install. I put the first disc in (I have cd-rom version BTW) and installed steam, then when it actually started installing HL2, it gave me this message after a few minutes saying that the file "hl2.cab" or maybe it was .bin is corrupted. So my choices are retry, abort, or ignore. Even if I click ignore, the whole thing just stops. So basically it won't install even though I have done it before and I have a hdd that doesn't even have files of it on the computer, so could it be the disc? Thanks.

Exit the installer and run Steam on it's own. There were changes made to the installer files after the cd were printed that requires an update from Steam. Once Steam has finished downloading it's update you can exit and run the installer again without recieving the error.

If you continue to receive the errors during installation it could be that your cd is damage and needs replacing.

Wait so this is a common thing that steam said could be solved by an update? If so, then thank god! I haven't played CS or HL2 for a while so I wouldn't know about any of the updates.

I also heard that you need to install CSS too for HL2 to work. Strange how that is. Maybe you could try that if the other suggestion doesn't work.

that could also be frome a scractch up cd....happend to me before I got HL2....Deathmatch is cool

Back
Top Bottom