My Gateway doesn't like my new Video Card.

strykr14

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have upgraded my Gateway 550GR (Pentium 4, 3.2 Ghtz, 3 GB Ram) with the following video card based on advice from this board:

HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

I swapped out the power supply for a corsair 600W. So I hook up the power supply, everything works fine. Then I install the video card and nothing. Normally, when I turn on the PC, it is real loud for 15 seconds or so (a fan), then calms down and the boot up process starts. With the new card, the fan spins real loud but does not stop - nothing on the monitor either.

I reinstalled my old card (GForce 7800) and the pC works fine. Anyone have an idea what the deal could be?

Either a defect card, or a driver issue. It'll probably run the fan at 100% until you have the drivers installed, but you should still get an image on the screen. Does the computer POST?

I'll try uninstalling the Nvidia drivers tonight - right now, the computer wont do anything - I get nothing on the screen.

Back
Top Bottom