Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-21-2005, 03:25 AM   #1
In Runtime
Default My games seem to lag more with each passing day..

I can't understand why my games seem to be performing worse with each passing day. My framerates are normal, but it just lags in places where there were no recent problems...could my power supply be dying out or something? I haven't downloaded or installed a great deal in the past month...anybody have any ideas? I'm not talking about lag while connected to the internet...just single player stuff.

fetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:31 AM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: My games seem to lag more with each passing day..

Hmm, have you recently cleaned out your PC, like the registry, and deleting tempory files, etc? These tools can be found under Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools.

Also, after doing that, try a Defrag from the same place. To get the best results, run in safe mode (Press Del at bootup and select it from the list)

This will sort through cirtical system files, moving them about to make them easier to access, so your system should be a bit faster.

Now try playing the game. Any improvements?

Also look for programs in the taskbar that you don't need that are running as standard when Windows starts that you can stop.

You see, your computer does get slower after a while, and do worsen as time progresses, so I wouldn't worry. Hopefully these checks will get it going a bit faster again, though nothing helps better than a full format and re-installation of Windows. If you were to decide to do this, you must make sure of course, that everything is backed up

I hope this helps
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote