My future build + Questions

StratosP

Fully Optimized
Hello, I just want to see if my computer will be good, I won't be getting it now because some of the hardware isn't out yet, I'll also post the hardware that I'm keeping. This is just a plan of what I'm getting for the future.

CPU: N/A - I'm waiting for the AM3 socket Phenoms.

Mobo: N/A-As long it can support AM3+DDR3 and probs Asus w/ extra
features

RAM: DDR3 1333mhz 4gb

HDD: 1tb 7200rpm+ 32mb cache SATA3gbs

Monitor: BenQ E2200HD (is it 22" diagonal or wide? reviews?)

Case: Thermaltake V9 Black Midi Tower

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 1000w

GPU: ATI HD4850/4870/4870X2 either one of them

Keyboard: G15 Keyboard (rev2) [already have]

Mouse: Just got the MX Revolution, but might trade it in for Razer Lachesis

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 2.0 Speakers [already got]

Tell me what I should upgrade or downgrade..
The monitor I'm not sure about, it looks awesome and the specs are good, but should I get a 24"..my only concern is the desk space and this 22" has FULL HD 1080p....

I dont know much about the new phenoms, but I doubt that the motherboard/CPU will make use of the 1333MHz Ram you have...

AM3 Phenoms and new chipsets are due in Q1/Q2 2009.

Monitor: BenQ E2200HD (is it 22" diagonal or wide? reviews?)
22" diagonal.
I dont know much about the new phenoms, but I doubt that the motherboard/CPU will make use of the 1333MHz Ram you have...
The FSB/RAM bottleneck doesn't apply to AMD platforms, they have an IMC which can make full use of DDR3 once Phenom has a DDR3 memory controller.
The monitor I'm not sure about, it looks awesome and the specs are good, but should I get a 24"..my only concern is the desk space and this 22" has FULL HD 1080p....
I'd say get the 24". A single HD 4870 can handle 1920x1200 fine so you wouldn't have to spend loads on a HD 4870 X2.
this 22" has FULL HD 1080p....
Computer monitors have technically been HD since forever, so it shouldn't impact your selection

AM3 Phenoms and new chipsets are due in Q1/Q2 2009.

22" diagonal.

The FSB/RAM bottleneck doesn't apply to AMD platforms, they have an IMC which can make full use of DDR3 once Phenom has a DDR3 memory controller.

I'd say get the 24". A single HD 4870 can handle 1920x1200 fine so you wouldn't have to spend loads on a HD 4870 X2.

Computer monitors have technically been HD since forever, so it shouldn't impact your selection

I might get a 24" but then I don't know where to put my case because I doubt the 24" will fit on the desk with the 24".

EDIT: oh yeah and what's the max. amount of RAM frequency the AM3 Phenoms can use? Can it be any?
Because I'm getting 1333mhz which isn't too high.

Why can't you just put the tower under or beside your desk, the air is cooler down there :p

And I think DDR3 1333MHz is the max, but that's not to say there won't be motherboards available supporting DDR3 2000

I might get a 24" but then I don't know where to put my case because I doubt the 24" will fit on the desk with the 24".

EDIT: oh yeah and what's the max. amount of RAM frequency the AM3 Phenoms can use? Can it be any?
Because I'm getting 1333mhz which isn't too high.

The difference isn't huge between a 24" and a 22"....my bro has a 22" I have a 24"- mine's only slightly bigger. If it's a flat panel, it should definitely fit.

The only reason I don't have the case under the desk is two reasons:
1) I like to swing my legs around, I might hit it.
2) I want to get a case with a window side panel, so I can see inside without opening up the case and I like lights, and having it underneath I think defeats the purpose.

But I'm not sure, I'll give it a go later on. See how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom