My Front Panel

HelloGoodbye

Baseband Member
hey

ive just been building my computer and everything is fine apart from the front panel connectors.

there are three seperate connections. two are for the front usb's but where do i plug these into?

and another which has 6 leads coming off it and there named right ear, left ear etc. where do these go??

apart from that everything has gone really well. thanks to this forum for helping me with knowing how to build my own comp!

The should plug into your motherboard somwhere, but it all depends on your motherboard. Look for the USB headers and the audio headers in the motherboard manual. This should tell you where they go.

the six ones are for audio in the front panel and there should be 1 or 2 spots on your MOBO for extra USB ports. Your manual should show you where all the audio cords and USB cords go.

im seriously bugger with my front panel stuff, the manual is really bad and doesnt shot it properly.

do i stick the the front usb's in the 10 pin connection which are labelled USB 56, USB 78 etc or do they go in those little 10 connections with a box around them usually in a bright colour like yellow.

Also the audio is fucking gay, i have 6 wires i think labelled

Ear L (1)
Ear L (2)
Ear R (1)
Ear R (2)
Mic In
Gnd

what the hell are the numbers for and what do they stand for??

If your manual really sucks look really close around the slots where things plug in. sometimes the labels are right on the MOBO too. you should also look for a diagram on google for your MOBO audio wireing.

for the USB cords i would plug them in where ever they fit,lol. most cords will only fit in one place on the MOBO. My USB cords are yellow so i would go for the yellow once first.

Back
Top Bottom