Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-25-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Unhappy My friends new video card.

Hi everyone, im back again. My friend just got a new ATI Radeon 9250 for christmas, i went to his house and installed everything and what not. well when i rebooted the first time, i plugged the monitor into the new video card and it booted until i got to the windows logon screen then it shut off, so i plugged it in to the onboard videocard and it worked well i did some configuring and stuff and i tried it again, well the same thing happened. i have no idea what to do.

thanks,
cody

well, im am fairly new but anyways i know a lot about computers but i do have to say im not very good at programming or networking unfortunatley...but i do know computer both inside and out. ive built 3 and refurbished 2
dewdman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:18 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: My friends new video card.

DId you disable the onboard video in BIOS? Is that an AGP card? Maybe try that.

Old 12-25-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
Baseband Member

Ok, my friend went into the Bios(Revision 3.12) and he saw
A subtitle labled "advanced." He went under there and he saw:
something called "onboard 1394" what is this?
primary Primary video adapter (AGP or PCI)(its a pci card so we turned it to pci) and when he gets to the windows logon screen its restarts again, what should i do now? or is there anything specific i should turn on/off toget it working?
well, im am fairly new but anyways i know a lot about computers but i do have to say im not very good at programming or networking unfortunatley...but i do know computer both inside and out. ive built 3 and refurbished 2
Old 12-26-2005, 06:00 AM   #4
Baseband Member

Bump
Old 12-26-2005, 06:16 AM   #5
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdman101
Hi everyone, im back again. My friend just got a new ATI Radeon 9250 for christmas, i went to his house and installed everything and what not. well when i rebooted the first time, i plugged the monitor into the new video card and it booted until i got to the windows logon screen then it shut off, so i plugged it in to the onboard videocard and it worked well i did some configuring and stuff and i tried it again, well the same thing happened. i have no idea what to do.

thanks,
cody

Did the COMPUTER turn off, or the MONITOR?

If it was the monitor, make sure your monitor isn't messed up, then make sure your graphics card is PLUGGED in. If that doesn't work, get into the bios, and make sure it's ONLY using your graphics card.
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:19 AM   #6
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to MeTzenAs

the 1394 is onboard firewire plugings.. plug int he graphics card and while booting up hold down f8 and see if you can get into safe mode.. could be a driver problems (since there are no drivers isntalled yet) or a resolution problem. regardless of the settingsin bios you should be able to atleast post windows.

AMD 4000+ w/ san diego core, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 mobo, 1GB of Corsair XMS ddr400, 1GB Rosewill w/ black heat spreaders ddr400, (2GB of RAM total), ATI X850XT Platinum Edition (AGP), 160gb Seagate sata HD, 120gb Western Digital IDE backup drive, Antec smartpower 2.0 450w PSU, Logitech MX 518 expert gaming mouse. Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset
MeTzenAs is offline   Reply With Quote