my friend wants to OC

acekrn

In Runtime
well my friend has an outdated computer.. it's a p3 733mhz.. talk about dinosaurs.. but anyway, he wants to oc that.. anyone know a program that can do it?

You don't need a program... just go into bios and adjust the clock the speeds there. It's not THAT old... I have an older comp... p3 5500mhz... about the same.... then my really old old old comp... pent. 1, 16mb of ram, 170mb hd... oh yeah....

is there not a windows prog that has features with these? he's sort of a noob with bios and so am i.. so we're not sure how to change those around..

It's not hard... When you first boot up the comp, press either f10, f1, delete, or whatever the screen says (it should say which key is for bios) and then go into it and then look for advanced settings and then clock speeds and then adjust it as need be. I don't really know of any such programs other than video card oc'ing through the actual install, click on this, change that, etc. It's most stable to do it through bios… trust me… noobs can do it… I did it when I was a noob… believe me…. I did find this...
http://www.geek.com/procspec/software/cgsoftware.htm
check it out...

well he said that his computer is a dell as well.. and it locked up the bios entry... i sorta doubt that though..

i think its F8 and he better hope the comp isnt from dell or gateway or any other brands cause i beleive those have locked bios, i have a dell and mine are

<EDIT> you posed that while i was typing mine. at anyrate then i dont think you can do it. not sure tho

lol...ya thats too bad maby u could flash the bio's or something like that. iv heard of that before but i have no idea about how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom