Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: My first computer build!

We're gunna need some kind of budget. I can tell you right now that what you have listed up there isn't going to play Crysis. Unless you want a slideshow.
__________________

dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 31
Default Re: My first computer build!

600$
__________________

hoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #13
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Default Re: My first computer build!

i'll see what i can do. is this your first computer build? will you be doing anything other than playing games on it?

nvm, i just read the title again. ignore the question about if this is your first time building a computer
__________________
My Desktop: Intel Core i7-970@4.5GHz 1.39V Stable--ASUS P6X58D-E--6GB Supertalent Chrome (Elpida Hyper) 1800MHz 6-6-6-24--eVGA GTX 580--Intel 510 120GB--WD 2TB Caviar Black--Silverstone RV03-EK Supreme HF w/ Black Ice GTX 480--Koolance VID-NX580

My Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz--4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM--NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT-320GB hard drive
shozzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 31
Default Re: My first computer build!

Quote:
i'll see what i can do. is this your first computer build? will you be doing anything other than playing games on it?

nvm, i just read the title again. ignore the question about if this is your first time building a computer
thank you very much! yes it is. i bought some cheap components besides for the motherboard [i think] so i can get some experience with computer building. well most of the time if you able to play games you can do everything else. i will play games and use stuff on the internet.
hoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: My first computer build!

Case: Rosewill Destroyer - $50
Power Supply: Rosewill 550 watt Green - $60
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78 Plus - $85
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 - $134
RAM: OCZ Reaper 1066 2X2GB - $80 after Rebate
Video Card: XFX HD Radeon 4850 1GB - $131.50
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint 320GB - $70

Total comes to $610 or so Canadian dollars.
__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: My first computer build!

I approve 63083's build. Looks pretty good to me.
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #17
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 31
Default Re: My first computer build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
Case: Rosewill Destroyer - $50
Power Supply: Rosewill 550 watt Green - $60
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78 Plus - $85
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 - $134
RAM: OCZ Reaper 1066 2X2GB - $80 after Rebate
Video Card: XFX HD Radeon 4850 1GB - $131.50
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint 320GB - $70

Total comes to $610 or so Canadian dollars.
awesome! thank you very much. but i dont want to buy a new motherboard. are these stuff compatible with the one i already have? will this be able to play high end games? and again thanks so much!
hoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: My first computer build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoohoo View Post
awesome! thank you very much. but i dont want to buy a new motherboard. are these stuff compatible with the one i already have? will this be able to play high end games? and again thanks so much!
Your welcome. And having a full ATX motherboard will give an improvement in overall system speed, as well give you future expandability options. It is well worth it, I will promise you. And yes, these will play games like crysis on decent settings and everything else on high to highest.
__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #19
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 31
Default Re: My first computer build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
Your welcome. And having a full ATX motherboard will give an improvement in overall system speed, as well give you future expandability options. It is well worth it, I will promise you. And yes, these will play games like crysis on decent settings and everything else on high to highest.
okay but i might give the one that i have now to my brother. and he plays games and stuff so im gona make the new one for me but i want to upgrade the one im going to give. is the graphics card and other parts compatible (im going to change the power supply for it to the one you recomanded)?
hoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #20
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: My first computer build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoohoo View Post
okay but i might give the one that i have now to my brother. and he plays games and stuff so im gona make the new one for me but i want to upgrade the one im going to give. is the graphics card and other parts compatible (im going to change the power supply for it to the one you recomanded)?
It's kind of hard to understand you, but if I get what your saying, you are wondering if all the stuff from your previous build will work for your brother? Correct? Then the answer is yes. And power supplies are both compatible. And I strongly suggest that you keep the graphics card that i recommended. It is the heart of the system and if you skimp out, games will be a no-go.

If this is not what you meant, could you please use proper punctuation so I can understand you? thanks. I just can't read if things aren't written well.
__________________

__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0