Re: My Core 2 Duo upgrade: will it work...??
Here's my bit of suggestion:
Buy all the things you need and wait for a DX10 card. I won't really say to buy a 7600GT, but a 7300GT. Like that, you're going to have more money to spare for a 9800GTx in mid 2007 (See X1337's thread). There will be earlier releases I'm sure, but that overkilling card is tops. So, that's my advice. If you can, test Vista Betas on the machine. I know for a fact mine won't work.
Also, I see that the P5LD2 had the 945 chipset. I do recommend Intel, but if you can try to buy a 975 chipset for ultra performmence, I would say go ahead. Besides, I think the board will do fine.
The rest are okay.
If you wish to use ATI as the DX10 card, get a X1300 for the moment.