My Computer Restarts When I Play Unreal!!

Does UT use punkpuster? I was havning a problem like that in BF1942 on Punkbuster servers even though I have no cheats installed.

i tried to google it but im not the best searcher... and i don't know if UT uses punkbuster but it shouldn't matter if im not connected to and servers... all i do is play the single player mission... but what recently happend was when my computer restarted it can up w/ the windows error message and asked if i wanted to send a report or not... when i send the report it takes about 10 min but it finally goes through and takes me to the website that supposedly tells me my problem... all it says is there was a driver problem... well... i need to know what driver it is and how i can fix it

that used to happen to me, when i just got my computer 2 years ago. My cousin brought all these games over, and i had problems with only one, i think it was unreal.
Sorry for just typin jibberish, prob didnt help u much, lol

Hmm, yeah, overclocking won't help your system, so I would take them off since it seems its unstable, even if it works while playing things, it doesn't when you exit.

When yuo minimize a game, and exit a game, it's the RAM that struggles to bring everything back, and it might be your RAM that is causing it to crash and restart, and if you were ovcerclocking, I might note that PC3200 RAM isn't that good for it anyway, and might have become unstable and crashed because it couldn't keep up when it needed the power most (when exiting).

So I would take off all overclocks and test, if that works, then maybe increase it a little bit (about 5mhz increments) until it becomes unstable.

If taking it off overclock doesn't work, then it could be your RAM. Take out one of the 512mb modules and test exiting the game, does it crash? If not, try the other one. Does it then?

Some games by the way do use mroe memory when exiting than others.

This is a sure way of knowing what the problem is. i hope this helps :)

ok.... i had CORSAIR XMS 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) but recently added CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) when i added these two sticks of RAM into my computer it wouldn't register my stick of 512 .... so i want to know if im better off with my original 512mb stick of expensive ram or a gig of cheap ram? it very well could be my ram ...i was thinking the same thing ...but i will edit this message w/ results

ok i won't edit...but it will work w/ just my 512mb xms stick in there...but i don't know why... oh well... at least it works now.. thanx guys

Back
Top Bottom