"My Computer" problem

Bob94571

In Runtime
OK when I go into My Computer my CD drives will stay as whatever was in them when i turned my comp on like if i had a music CD in and i took it out it will still show up in my computer, same with my virtual drives... My auto-run doesn't work now because guess it thinks I'm not taking Cd's out or unmounting anything... does anyone know what would cause this

I'm not sure what would cause it, but I would try unhooking your cd drives and have windows detect them again and reinstall them. Then make sure that the autorun option is checked.

Try unmounting your virtual drives. That usually brings up problems.

Well if its anything like the floppy drives, there is a certain pin that detects an ejected disc. If thats damaged, then it wont be detecting the ejected disc, so it still thinks the disc is in there. Try another cable if ya have one handy. And check the pins on the drive and mobo

i had the same problem and i had to go into the registry and delete a file cant remember which one but it fixed it

Bob94571 said:
LOL please try and remember... no Raffaz its not a floppy

I know its not a floppy, i said if a CD drive works the same as a floppy drive, then that could be the problem.

Back
Top Bottom