Is my computer overheating?

JoshSpence

Baseband Member
I have an Antec P180 case atm with a total of 8 fans:

* 1x 120mm TriCool fan running at medium speed on top of case (out of 3 settings)
* 1x 120mm TriCool fan running at medium speed at rear of case (out of 3 settings)
* 1x 120mm TriCool fan in power supply compartment
* 1x 80mm fan over graphics card blowing cold air
* 1x 120mm TriCool fan at front of case
* Onboard CPU heatsink and fan
* Onboard GFX heatsink and fan
* Onboard PSU fan

My graphics card is running at 68 degrees celsius, my cpu is running at 47 degrees celsius and my motherboard is running at 44 degrees celsius.

My system I am running is as follows:
* AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
* Antec NeoHE 550W PSU
* 2GB DDR400 RAM
* 300GB SATA hard drive with 16MB cache
* Pioneer 110d DVD burner
* Media card reader
*ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
* ASUS EN6800GT video card

To make my case as quiet as it can be I want to turn down the adjustable fans to low but I don't know what the: a) maximum b) ideal operating temperature of my components is...

CPU - fine
Video card - fine
motherboard - mine runs at 30 degrees...so that may be tiny little bit too high, i recommend a chipset cooler, that will lower it.

Yes those or normal, but can lead to some problems make sure that all those fans arent canceling each other out and that they are actually bringgin cold air in and hot air out .

Why do you have a fan at the top of your case? It better be pulling air out, because hot air rises. If it is blowing into the case, then that bad boy is heating everything up. I'd take out the fan over the graphics card, that's not needed. Everything else should be fine, but what way is the air blowing from the side? Is it pulling air out or pushing it in? I've always had better results when it pushes the air in the case, hitting the CPU and RAM directly. Also, you may want another exhaust fan. It's usually a good thing to have a little bit less exhaust than intake, but don't get too exaggerated.

Back
Top Bottom