my computer keeps sticking while in games?

Jay21

Solid State Member
i have lately come off the internet and i have noticed my computer performance has been running slower sin ce i have come off, does anyone know why this is happening at all, i was told it was because i have stuff running in the back ground and it can't connect to the internet so there is a delay,is this correct and how do i sort the problem.

is there any software that can sort this problem out

Windows 2000 Pro
Amd Atholon 2600+
512mb 2700 crucial
120gb western digital 7200rpm
Ati 9200 256mb Graphic Card
Abit NF7-S Motherboard
Cdr-rw 52x32x48 both with hd burn
DVDr-Rw 32x4x4 i think? both with hd burn

Ad-aware from Downloads.com; also a good try would be Spyware Search. I imagine it probably is this problem; and those two should sort it out.

Go to the start menu then to run and type in msconfig. Go to the tab Sevices and click the box "Hide All Microsoft Services" then uncheck anything that you dont want to run when you computer starts up. Generally if you dont know what it is then uncheck it.

Next go to tab Startup:

and uncheck anything there that you dont want running. Then restart.

If you dont want to do all that tinkering which isnt alot, then download Spybot Search and Destroy and go into the advanced mode click tools and system startup. It should be more informative on helping you choose what to have running and what to not.

Yo can use that same program for kiling processeses like you do with the task manager. But spybot usily is more forceful with kiling processes so you may want to proceed with a little caution.

Hope that fixes your problem.

If it's running slower in games, try downloading the latest drivers from your video card manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom