My computer keeps restarting at random...

Monosyllabic

Solid State Member
So yea, i'll just be messing around with my computer and suddenly it'll make a sort of "click" sound and restart. It wont go through the "shutting down Windows" process, instead, the screen will go blank for a second and i'll just end up looking at the Windows loading screen to log on.

If it means anything, I just kinda moved my computer to another, bigger, case and added a few upgrades. Such as a new motherboard, video card, and 1gb of ram.

Though it did this before the upgrade, it's just that it happened four times in a row, when before it was a pretty rare occasion.

What I noticed though, was that it only started when I downloaded a new driver for the motherboard that allowed me to access the internet. So maybe either that driver or internet access has something to do with it?

God, after all the work and money that went into the upgrade, I would rather just stop running into problems and relax... Also i'm not sure if this would mean anything but, the new case I have came with a temperature gauge and the hottest it got was around 30 degrees celcius. Though that might not be a problem either, as i've heard the only fairly dangerous temperature is around 50 degrees celcius or above.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Please, I just want to enjoy my computer in peace!... :(

lmao just a few upgrades! its a motherboard lol thats like a new computer anyway to get to the point.
What brand is the mother board? do you have a seperate graphics card from the motherboard?

Lol, yea I guess I could agree with you on the upgrades part...

Anyway! Umm, the motherboard is an ASUS P5LD2. As for the video card, it's a GeForce 7800 GT OC.

well you shouldn't have any prob with the graphics card (i was thinking it was crap but i was wrong) hmmmmmm let me research alittle i will message you when i figure it out...weird case though.

Thanks alot man, any help at all is awesome.

More good rep for you! :D

God, it's 3:22 a.m. here and i'm running around freaking out, I should be sleeping!! Gahhhhhh......

Nope, can't do it...
I can't even access the internet before it just restarts. I'm getting worried, this is beginning to look kinda serious... :(

When you install a new mobo, I would always do a new fresh install of the OS. Then I would update drivers, and so on and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom