My computer is hot!

tenmiles

Beta member
OK, so I built my own computer and I have fans anywerhe and everywhre you can put a fan and if I put my hand over the blow hole on the top of the case it feels really hot. The processor is fine, but how do I cool the whole thing off?

hmm ... confirm that your fans are blowing in the correct direction. the concept of air flow traveling from front of pc to back of pc should be followed. Of course I see that you also have a fan blowing through the top ... that also would be considered out the back or exhaust.

Also, keep in mind that computers are normally on the warm side. Look in your bios "pc health" and see what operating temps it gives you. Post them here and we can determine if the reads are normal/typical. Also list your specs of your mobo & processor and even the case.

if you plass two fans across from each other the air will just stay in one place..that could be a problem.

also computers need to be broken in before the temps fall. after 2 months or so (matters how much you use it) the temps will begin to fall.

I have an AMD Athlon 3200+ with some MSI board. The case I have has a spot in the back for a fan and a blow hole on top. The front has some tiny tiny holes, but nothing nearly big enough if I have both fans blowing out. The rear fan blows in and the top fan blows out. Also, I have been using this computer for 6 moths~. The back fan is 90mm I think.

Well, what should be happening is the top AND REAR fans both blow out for exhaust. If the rear fan is blowing in, it's just pushing all that hot air towards the front of the computer where it will sit and build up. Also, if you decide to get fans for the front, they should blow in towards the back.

Back
Top Bottom