is my computer getting old? help..

rufio1984

Beta member
Hey all. I dont know too much about computers, my friend told me that I should think about buying a new PC. what do you guys think? I only use my computer to download games and play them, he told me that most recent games wont work with my computer:(.
HP
Pentium 4
256 MB RAM DDR SDRRAM MEMORY
40 gb harddrive
windows XP

hows do i find out what video card I have??. should i upgrade? or buy a new comp

rufio1984 said:
Hey all. I dont know too much about computers, my friend told me that I should think about buying a new PC. what do you guys think? I only use my computer to download games and play them, he told me that most recent games wont work with my computer:(.
HP
Pentium 4
256 MB RAM DDR SDRRAM MEMORY
40 gb harddrive
windows XP

hows do i find out what video card I have??. should i upgrade? or buy a new comp
Great friends who go overboard.You have a great system,
Video needs attachment or why in hell you ask ?Is it 16 m ?
Do you need help on installing or useing your video ?
:confused:

1st of all we don't know what OS you have , so taking into the factor , let's say you have windows xp.

ok, 2nd you said you'd like it just for playing games. most
games at least require that you have a minimum of 256 mb of ram...and it would be a good thing to have the latest ver. of direct x. 3rd , your hhd is only 40 gb, but if it is'nt loaded down w/software an music.

i would say that is ok, just to have 40gb. although i would in time upgrade that to at least 80gb.

now to see what video card you have just :right click my comp. icon, properties, hardware tab, device manager, then check display adapters for your video
card.

pentium 4 1.6 ghz should be fast enough, and if you do it carefully...you can tweak it a little faster.

which other people here can help you with.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am on windows XP, i went to device manager and it said i have a SiS 650. is this bad?. I usually burn everything I download, so my computer only has a few games installed and some messengers

rufio1984 said:
Thanks for the replies. Yes I am on windows XP, i went to device manager and it said i have a SiS 650. is this bad?. I usually burn everything I download, so my computer only has a few games installed and some messengers
Right click a blank space on your desktop,select propertys.
What is listed for "settings"
EG: 1024x768 16 million colors.
:confused:
You don't need an upgrade,is your "friend" a salesman or a "buddy"
:eek: :)

Back
Top Bottom