My Computer. Generally F***ed up.

dakxxus

BSOD
I have no idea what the hell is wrong with it. I play simple games like frontlines fuels of war. I load into the street map. Bluescreen of death. Okay.. ill just not ever play that again. I play guildwars. Locks up immediatly if i dont use task manager and set it to one cpu. Even then it sometimes just locks up, music skipping in the background. I was watching a movie while playing guildwars in window mode, and it locked up, even on one core. It always seems like theres something going wrong. I ran CCleaner (or w/e its called) and it found a crapload of problems, i let it fix it. I use AVG and adaware, so i should be good. But even then, sometimes when it freezes up, i have to UNPLUG IT. Because when i hold the button down it just sits there. When i restart after holding it down, all my quick launch toolbars are gone, then i have to re-arrange them. If someone can assess WTF is wrong with my pc, let me know. If its a simple overheating problem, or i just need to blow the dust out of it, just let me know. If it is anything serious, i can send it to dell and get it fixed, i have the full 4 yr warranty. Thanks guys..

it's hardly a gaming machine with those specs, do you use it for 3D rendering at all? Do you have this problem with games only or all programmes?

Well, considering its just those tiny games, i should be fine. Its happened before with CAD and autodesk before. But is it a simple problem or something i need to send back to Dell. (I KNEW i shoulda built my PC)

Yeah...that build is something like my dad would use for his work (Virtual Reality)..except his monitor is a frekin' 30in (office) one.

Well, as for your problem, try blowing the dust off of it and checking CPU loading and idle temps. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert or anything but that's where I would go first.

Thats what i thought. BUT, my dad thinks that i should send it in to dell.. Im telling him i needed a better cooler for the CPU then the stock one. Let me go get the cpu temps, ill post and.. i guess someoen can tell me if its right or not? I cant go weeks/months without my pc.

Well, check your owner's manual too. In there it will tell you ideal temps for your machine. I would definitely get a CPU cooler and then case coolers, maybe even one for your video card. I'm not sure if it comes with a fan or not. Never seen one.

Thats what i thought. BUT, my dad thinks that i should send it in to dell...
He's probably thinking of warranty considerations, don't do anything to void your warranty (aftermarket cpu coolers etc) until you've cleared it with Dell,.

If this is happening in other programmes then there is a hardware problem for sure, I guess you could run memtest86+ and other diagnostic software to try and narrow it down but realistically that's what dells warranty is for, is it an onsite warranty??

EDIT: That screenie reports the cpu fans are not spinning, is that the case??

Back
Top Bottom