My Computer is crazy

henry202

Beta member
My computer has lots of problems and is barely usable. The problems begin at the startup. When the computer comes on, there isnt ever a taskbar. It is not clicked on hide the taskbar. I am able to get it up but it still dissapears everytime I restart. Also nothing minimizes into the taskbar, it just sits on top of it. Sometimes at startup my desktop icons won't show up either, or they will just decide to dissapear later. MY programs frequently will not let you open them, but sometimes they will. The computer will not paste anything i copy. It wont print, and it wont let me search for files. It also doesnt let me remove some of my programs. It wont let us install virus scanners or virus updates or adware updates or removal tools. When i go to turn it off sometimes it will only bring up the option to log off but not to shutdown or restart. Other times it wont let me tell it to shutdown and even hitting the off button wont work, i have to unplug it. It keeps telling me that the computer is low on memory and it is going to try to write more but it cant. This is a farely new computer and should have plenty of memory (only about a year old). FOr a while i couldnt get on the internet either. When I do run a virus scan, none of them find anything. What the heck is going on?!?

Hmmmmmmmmm. . .

Just reinstall the OS I dont even want to read that thing put some spaces in it.

good idea....thats a lot of problems....how old is your computer and have you ever reformatted the hd?

Yeah; how old?

However, I would also have to recommend; with all those problems; to format completely and be done with it. That would be easiest.

I stated in the original post that its only about a year old. Maybe i should just wipe it out...

Yeah, probably should. Looks like it has a lot of problems. I recommend formatting every 6 months anyway - just to give it a nice clean :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah, probably should. Looks like it has a lot of problems. I recommend formatting every 6 months anyway - just to give it a nice clean :D

i recommend formating every..wait. i dont at all.
i recommend using a OS that doesnt have a habit of going bad after a while ;\

(yes...someones going to tell me how they've had the same windows install for the past 6 years. im unconcerned at your comment).

Its not the OS that goes off - you collect so much over time, programs and files, that its easier to reformat than it is to clean it all up - also you'll need so much defragmenting after you've cleaned it out that its not worth the bother. And its much nicer to have a nice new clean and organised system anyway.

Windows doesn't go off :D

Back
Top Bottom