Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default My Computer Build : Parts List

Well, here is my parts list, i was looking to get a decent all-rounder, being able to do a fair bit at everything, programming gaming web surfing etc. So here is my parts list:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6744/partsqu1.jpg

If you have a better idea, and want to edit, here is my spreadsheet, all formula's in there, ready to use, btw, if you are editing, please make sure, if you use a different seller, make sure it is a good one, preferably accepts cheques, and keep the price to a minimum, no more than 950.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JWAXB1CZ

BTW, is there anywhere i can sell pc's to? like an online place where i send it to? I am looking for a way to make money, part time as i go to school, so whenever i like i can make a pc and get some profit out of it.

YoungPCBuilder

youngpcbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: My Computer Build : Parts List

Alot of people have tried and failed on the whole profit from building thing.

Smartpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

ok first of your not gonna make a profit if you build a pc on spec like that, you need to use budget parts because the people that buy them will be unknoledgable people because lets face it if they had a good computer knoledge they wud build one themself,

so as i was saying first off get cheap parts take the case for example way too good for that build,

the aftermarket heatsink not a good idea, jus take into consideration if you are building to see the people that are buying are not gonna know too much about pc's

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
Baseband Member

that was a By The Way question, i was just expecting to get an answer about the parts for my pc, the spreadsheet was for my pc. plus, if i was was building to sell, i would use cheap parts. So the parts ok? the case is just to impress, plus it has many fans in it, i am going to overclock the cpu so that is why i have put the zalman there.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

well if it was for me id go for the quad because im not a great gamer so the quad would benifit me more than the c2d but thats upto you

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
Baseband Member

im am not also a great gamer but i do quite a bit of multimedia related stuff, sometimes i need to edit hd videos, so an overclocked 4.2Ghz (i found out, e84/500 air cooling) would benefit me more than the quad
Old 04-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
Golden Master

Quote:
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6744/partsqu1.jpg

If you have a better idea, and want to edit, here is my spreadsheet, all formula's in there, ready to use, btw, if you are editing, please make sure, if you use a different seller, make sure it is a good one, preferably accepts cheques, and keep the price to a minimum, no more than 950.
I usually use Scan.co.uk, I find them to be a bit cheaper and they have a larger selection of parts.

You don't need to buy a SATA and IDE drive. If you have to have two disk drives then just buy two with SATA interfaces, so you don't have a big thick cable.

Get some Arctic Cooling MX-2 thermal paste. It's good quality stuff and would lower temps a couple of degrees over cheap ceramique paste: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=353109

And you're going to want more than 1GB of DDR2 667 RAM, you should be running 2GB + for Vista: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=402849
1gig of memory will really slow you down.

For, the cooler, the Zalman 9500 is overpriced and underperforms, you can get a lot more for you money: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=700899
I have been reading up about this cooler and it seems it performs around the same as the Tuniq Tower 120 (a bit behind the TRUE). So it's still a great cooler.

And for the PSU, I wouldn't choose Cooler Master, although they're not bad, there is better for that price: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=692061
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
Baseband Member

About the disk drives, i saw on a forum that you cant install an os first time when you dont have an ide drive, it doesnt recognise it. Plus i am not getting 1gb, actually 4 because you forgot to read the quantity column

I will have a lok at scan computers, any personal experience from them?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #9
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to cwharms

I haven't had any problems and haven't touched a IDE cable in some time.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #10
Golden Master

Quote:
Plus i am not getting 1gb, actually 4 because you forgot to read the quantity column
Ah, I see. I'd recommed some 800MHz sticks with CAS 4 timings though.
Quote:
I will have a lok at scan computers, any personal experience from them?
Yep, I order most of my stuff from them, they're very good and I always recieve my orders quickly.
Quote:
About the disk drives, i saw on a forum that you cant install an os first time when you dont have an ide drive,
SATA is fine.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote