is my computer bottlenecked?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
im running a P4 2.8GHz 533mhz fsb with 512mb ddr 400 ram and it is slightly overclocked to 3GHz now in cpu-z it says my fsb is 143mhz, my ram is 200mhz so does that mean its bottlenecked? if so then y?

NO, when you overclock one thing, your CPU in this case, it lowers the other things, such as RAM and the FSB. To conpensate, overclock the RAM a little bit, as well as your FSB. That should help with overall system performance. :)

ummm thats the weirdest thing iver ever heard lol, when u overclock u raise the fsb and that overclocks the ram and the cpu it doesnt slow them down... the orriginal clock of the fsb was 133 but shouldnt it be 200? since my ram is ddr400

The mory at 200MHz is DDR400. It is Double Data RAM and that means it is dual 200MHZ, making it DDR400

ya i know that but my fsb is 133mhz according to cpu-z so thats y im confused, and doesnt that mean its bottlenecked?

i have a very good cooler on my cpu already but everytime i overclock it just doesnt wana go any higher, i think its because of my crappy ram, anyways is it bottlenecked or not? and is it because i got the 533 fsb P4 instead of the 800mhz one?

Back
Top Bottom