My com cant shut down

iamroot

Daemon Poster
My com has this damned prob which is it cant shut down. Everytime i shut the com down, it will start up again. I'm forced to use a hard shutdown and i think its not very good. Could anybody tell me if this is a hardware or software issue?

iamroot said:
My com has this damned prob which is it cant shut down. Everytime i shut the com down, it will start up again. I'm forced to use a hard shutdown and i think its not very good. Could anybody tell me if this is a hardware or software issue?
Pull the plug out.or hang up,or give more info.Is this dialup ?
Call your server that you pay a monthly fee.Really it's quite simple.
Bottom Line,
No it's a human issue.
:eek:

Did you build the computer if you did it could be that it is not wired up probally or if it has just started that there could be some new software which is causing it did you install some software and then did you get the problem.

I built the com by myself 2 years ago. Previously my com would only boot itself up again some time after i shut down but now its instaneous

Are you sure you got the wire which goes from the switch to the motherboard correctly in . Because that could cause a problem.

iamroot said:

Could be a jumper problem. I don't think switching off the power is too damaging. Just try to have everything switched off when you do it. Maybe even switch it off and wait until it is just about off to do it.

Did you build it yourself?

iamroot said:
I built the com by myself 2 years ago. Previously my com would only boot itself up again some time after i shut down but now its instaneous

So i guess by com you mean computer,not com port.Thanks for clearing that up.
:eek:
Any post should start with Windows version.This is just a setting of Windows.Might help If it's not XP.

:D

This is a well known problem if you are using Windows, especially 98. Just go to this site and keep downloading the updates. Make sure that after you're first update, after you have rebooted your computer, go to the site again so that it will scan for updates FOR the previous updates :D

You will have to do this a number of times, maybe up to 10 times till there is none left for updating

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

The shut down problem is a bug and should be easily fixed by a patch :D

Back
Top Bottom