My CD-ROM Drive Won't Open! :'(

jon the noob

In Runtime
So i just got this cool new game, and it wont open! The little green light that flashes when it opens is blank, and it just wont budge. Has this happened to you?.. DO i have to get a new drive? Please help or christmas is ruined! :(

check ya power cable on the back of the drive. You can open the drive with a paperclip, just straighten it out, and push it into the tiny hole under the drawer on the drive, and it will pop open

Ok i cant get it to "turn on" and i popped it open but nothing happens when i put the game in.. any other ideas? :X

Have you checked the power connector in the back of the drive???? Is this a new computer? Have ya turned it on? :)

If it hasn't worked before, also check the IDE cable is in the right way around, and flip it.

Before you do all that shit, on your drive you might see a little hole near the open button. Get a paperclip and poke in it once (its an alternate way to open). Also, get a program like CD Eject Tool and see if that opens it. Try it.

I had this problem once in awhile with my newer computer, I don't know why but it happens at random times. When it does I go to "My Computer", then I right click on the "CD-ROM" drive. Once you get to that point click "Eject".

You might have two CD-ROM drives like me so first you need to determine which icon is for the drive. If this doesn't work you might have to try something else, sorry if this doesn't help.

chrisl0 said:
I had this problem once in awhile with my newer computer, I don't know why but it happens at random times. When it does I go to "My Computer", then I right click on the "CD-ROM" drive. Once you get to that point click "Eject".

You might have two CD-ROM drives like me so first you need to determine which icon is for the drive. If this doesn't work you might have to try something else, sorry if this doesn't help.

THANK YOU! The paperclip didnt seem to do anything but open it but this .. brought it back to life! :cool: you have saved christmas everyone thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom