My Case's PSU!

dedb33t

In Runtime
Hello Forumers, Me again :)

Well, I was just reading around this forum cuz my computer will be here in a few days so I have to start building :D Its gonna be fun! (First time builder).

Anyway, I bought a computer for a friend for Xmas and I have no Idea about PSU's etc so I was wondering if anyone can help, He plays only one game, CS!. And that plays on any computer I think, I bought him an additional video card (Not the latest but its pretty good...).

I only got it for him because he is going overseas soon And I will never see him again :( (We have known each other since we were little kiddies).

I have spare ram for him, So I only got him 512 (I have an extra 1Gb DDR2 to give him). here are the specs; And I yeah Im wondering if the PSU is good for it.

80G Western Digital Caviar 7200rpm HDD
Thermaltake Soprano Black with 430W PSU
Intel ATX E6300 CORE 2 DUO /1.86GHz/2MB CACHE/1066FSB/LGA775
DDR2 512MB PC5300 667Mhz
Asus P5B-E CORE2EE P965 1066FSB Raid SND GbLAN 1394
Creative 2.1 Sound.
Nvidia 6600GT or something like that.. So yeah is 430watt enough?/

Right now I just realised that the computer Im on now has 550watt.. But it only has 512 ram and its pentium D... It came with 300watt and it had all the same stuff in it, But I took it back to the shop for warranty and told them it didnt wanna turn on, so they put me a 550 watt.. (Actually, I wrecked it, I was wondering what that red switch on the back does,, The 230-240 volt thingo)... But I didnt wanna tell them that.

So yeah, Maybe I can switch the PSU? But im a first time builder so meh i can get someone to do it for me.. Or is 430 enough?

430 watts should be more than enough for that setup, and sorry that your friend has to leave like that.

YaaY thanks guys. That saves me alot of time :)

Meh everyone leaves out on me lol....I might actually see him again, When he all his study we plan to go to This university for multimedia 2gether.. Hopefully he wont die in the middle east war :(

Thanks for the help guys :)

Also.. DOes anyone know a place in Australia that does watercooling? I cant find a computer shop anywhere near me that actually does it.. Got a website or anything?

Newegg is so cheap but do they deliver overseas?

Edit: Also, While we are in this thread now, What the hell is RAID? Everyone is always talking about it in reviews of mobo's etc...Is it anything good? Im just getting an IDE Hard drive, I dont no what the hell the difference is between SATA/PATA/RAID/IDE/RAID0 :S

Newegg doesn't deliver overseas. And, as far from water cooling, any shops have them. Ask an they'll order. If they don't support that, I swear, I'll steal a plane and I'll drive to there and I'll find one.

What the hell is RAID? It's just the configuration of two EXACT same drives. They collide into one doubled size HDD. But, if one fails, so does the other.
Stick to SATA modes.

You should be careful though of what you have as liquid.

Back
Top Bottom