My Build (And some friendly community input).

MERC767

Baseband Member
Ok, so I am almost done with my build and I would like some other Tech Savvy individuals like yourselves to give your input on my specs so here it is:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX

1TB HDD Memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

750W PSU

I am planning on finishing this by Spring Break (For me about a week away) but I am so pumped to see what this can do!

Oh and note this is my first ever PC build I am of course going to use this for gaming.

Personally I would go for the Radeon 6950, as opposed to the 6970. And are you wanting to get a second card in the future? I would possibly go for a slightly larger PSu..and make sure it's a quality brand!!!

I like the Intels' at the moment myself, but AMD are great as well.

Do good, keep the build neat, get some cable extensions if you feel you need them to keep the wire management respectable. Oh and one other thing, I see the case you have picked out is popular, but personally I don't like it that much. When I build a computer I like to do as much as possible MY way. I like to buy a bare Shell and add my own fans. That mega fan on the Cooler Master looks like a death trap. I buy quality fans, something you rarely find in a box that already has them.

Just little things I've learned over the years. Again, these are MY likings, this is why you're building a computer to make it YOURS. :)

And I don't believe I found a heatsink fan on that list!

Personally I would go for the Radeon 6950, as opposed to the 6970. And are you wanting to get a second card in the future? I would possibly go for a slightly larger PSu..and make sure it's a quality brand!!!

I like the Intels' at the moment myself, but AMD are great as well.

Do good, keep the build neat, get some cable extensions if you feel you need them to keep the wire management respectable. Oh and one other thing, I see the case you have picked out is popular, but personally I don't like it that much. When I build a computer I like to do as much as possible MY way. I like to buy a bare Shell and add my own fans. That mega fan on the Cooler Master looks like a death trap. I buy quality fans, something you rarely find in a box that already has them.

Just little things I've learned over the years. Again, these are MY likings, this is why you're building a computer to make it YOURS. :)

And I don't believe I found a heatsink fan on that list!

Well I may Crossfire in the future. But what PSU do you suggest? And as far as I know the Heatsink or CPU cooler comes in the box with the CPU. And yes I hope to keep all of the cords organized but i'm going to need a lot of zip-ties lol.

Well, I'll have to look into a PSu, a lot of people are picky, and brand-dedicated.

I like PC Power and Cooling, as dumb of a name as that is. Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Power Supplies,Power Supplies,PC Power and Cooling

The one I am using currently is here: Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7

As far as the heatsink goes, the one that comes with your CPu will suck. It will work, but to ensure good temps, which help the CPu's longevity, I would go with a quality heatsink. It doesn't have to be $70 but buy something that looks like it work well and isn't a cheap POS

Well, I'll have to look into a PSu, a lot of people are picky, and brand-dedicated.

I like PC Power and Cooling, as dumb of a name as that is. Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Power Supplies,Power Supplies,PC Power and Cooling

The one I am using currently is here: Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7

As far as the heatsink goes, the one that comes with your CPu will suck. It will work, but to ensure good temps, which help the CPu's longevity, I would go with a quality heatsink. It doesn't have to be $70 but buy something that looks like it work well and isn't a cheap POS

Well it states that if I remove the heatsink it will void the warranty. Should I just remove it anyway?

Back
Top Bottom