My Build Setup

Go with a 790GX board instead, the 790X's are pretty much outclassed by the 790GX in every way.
I like.
I would really like to tell you to get one of the new 45nm Phenoms that have just come available on Newegg, but this is just too good of deal.
Looks pretty disgusting to me, but everyone to their own :D
It has everything you need anyway.
Sweet, it is a little overkill, but I can't blame you for wanting to pay a little extra, it looks awesome.

Go with a 790GX board instead, the 790X's are pretty much outclassed by the 790GX in every way.

and also that board has horrible reviews, half as many 1 eggs (40+) as 5 eggs (80+)...? my advice would be to stay away from that board...

Looks pretty disgusting to me, but everyone to their own :D

he just missed the Antec 300 for $50 w/free shipping as yesterday's "shell shocker", that would be a great get for that price considering the airflow advantages with that case and it's brethren (900 and 1200), I know you would've whole heartedly approved...

;)

well the case is 1 of those alright 1s, im not so worried about that, its fine for me... but the motherboard i will change out, but its good to see you think everything else looks good thanks

and also that board has horrible reviews, half as many 1 eggs (40+) as 5 eggs (80+)...? my advice would be to stay away from that board...
Well, I don't normally read user reviews because most of the people who complain are n00bs, for example:
"This board is upper garbage, the HD 4870 I installed blocked one of the PCI slots" etc etc.
If OP feels uncomfortable about it, he can swap it out for a different 790GX. It looks fine to me though, 4 phase power, all solid caps, 2 PCI-E slots...

Build looks fine to me, but I'm not a fan of the case either. I had a Raidmax case for a few days and I returned it because the build quality was trash.

You could take a look at this GIGABYTE motherboard over the BIOSTAR

It's a Gigabyte GX790 + SB750 chipset mobo.

As Worshipme has stated though, don't consider what the user reviews.

Back
Top Bottom