MY BUILD!!! Opinions and criticism welcome!

Really? Urgh.... decisions. Well, another thing I was wondering is, would I be able to overclock it much with stock cooling? If I can overclock the 3000+ to 2.0GHz, then I'd be happy.

It looks ok. I prefer a 3.0 - 4.0 GHZ processor because I download a buttload of games and host servers all the time. Your build sounds good though.

Yea remember AMD is more efficent for games then intel. So a 1.8 GHz does prob as much as a higher range intel with more GHz does game wise. On newegg I found a AMD 3200 2.0 Ghz for 192.99. I'm getting that. Also most games today my CPU can hadnle just fine. Its the video card. And my current CPU is a 1.2 GHz amd 2800 or somthing. Not sure.

games dont use as much cpu as gpu. Im using Socket A but i have a 6800GT and get awesome frame rates.

You can get a Venice up to 2.7 with no problem if your motherboard is good. I'd recommend DFI or ABIT for the mobo. You might get some serious bottlenecks if you try to OC with that memory you have. If you have some spare money might want to look into the new OCZ, the TDD5 Chips are looking very nice. Also would recommend getting a better heatsink/fan as well, if you go OEM you wont be spending that much more. Also I'm quite partial to the ATI X700 but thats just me.

Also remember just because the CPU has a low frequency doesnt mean it isnt fast, look at the cache on that venice.

G/L with the build.

Bahawolf said:
Your still getting the 6600GT, right?

Of course! I think I'm also gonna stick with the 3000 processor. It was a tough call, but I don't think the 3200 is worth the extra $50 for me. I'll check out the RAM some more, but probably going with my original selection as well. I think I have the best selections for the money I'm willing to spend. Thanks for all the input, guys. If you have any more, feel free.

Back
Top Bottom