My build..

Jeeesh, I was just comparing them and started to side with the Asus, I saw it had a couple extra ports the fatal1ty didn't. No idea if those will effect me at all :confused:

This is stressing :(

So you have the DFI, Asus, and the Abit Fatal1ty motherboards to choose from. Hmmm, they're all so good. Get the one that offers the best feature for you. I want that full throttle graphics of the Asus. The fanless cooling on that board does look pretty cool too. But it's the most expensive board there is on Newegg.

Fatal1ty was designed as a high performance motherboard with a lot of accessories like the nice uGuru. DFI, well, I honestly don't really know too much about them. Just from what I read from magazines and online reviews saying how dependable DFI are. I hate yellow so I guess I can take DFI out of the mix if it was me.

Yep, I have it down to fatal1ty and asus.. :confused:

With the ram we've chosen, and the single 6600gt, would the Asus really be that much greater in preformance? I'm not trying to get you to lean any way, just asking..

If you do choose that Asus one, get a really good case to go with it. Because it's a fanless construction, the heatpipes get warm fast. Good case comes with great cooling potential to push that warm air out. Lian-Li makes the finest cases I have ever seen.

The Abit motherboard are just loaded with fans. It comes with a PCI-e x1 sound card which I don't know too much about.

As far as the video card thing goes, you're only using one video card right now. It won't make a dent if you were to use an Asus or that Fatal1ty one. I don't think it really matter what video card you have in there. If you SLi them, you'll be only using 16x total for both GPUs on the Fatal1ty and the DFI motherboard compared to the 32x you can get out of the Asus. Because the Asus one does support full 16x on each PCI-e x16 bus.

Only one fan?!? Man, the case I have in mind goes for like $125 and has 2x 120mm and 2x 80mm fans in there plus a CPU and PCI cooler too.

There is a 120 in the back, and a 120 in the front.. What other options are there?

With the fatal1ty, everything is shifted down to account for those 2 fans, with looking at the case will that work alright?

I see the front fan now. You have to buy an extra one to put in the back. It's got 4 front USB ports so that's a whole lot of USBs. I hope your motherboard have enough USB headers for it, otherwise, some of those USB ports won't be used. It's not big deal.

The Fatal1ty should fit in that case perfectly. I mean it's an ATX form factor so I don't think they'll alter the motherboard to the point where it won't fit in standard ATX cases.

No no no, I already have this case, the one I have has a 120 in the front and a 120 in the back. Between the two boards do both of them have enough headers for the 4 USB's or only one or? I want to be able to use all of that in the front, I hate having to plug stuff into the back that is just a quick job, camera's etc..

You see in the case, where thers a circular aread that messes up the nice oval, I was thinking, if you look at the shot with the side open, theres 3 screwes, if a fan fit in that pretty nice, I could just cut out a little more to finish the circle, but id rather not. And in the back there are no other options for fans, just that big 120

Do you get what im saying about the fatal1ty though, how everythings slid down because of those two fans, that will all work?

Still don't know what to go with, but I'm thinking fatal1ty..

Back
Top Bottom