My birth day gift from my mom

The adapter that's connected to your video card looks like it has a standard 4 pin molex connector on the other end, That would just connect to any available molex connector coming from the PSU.

The OCZ ModXtreme should have two dedicated PCIe cables. They should have red ends on them that plug directly into the back of the power supply and the video card.

I looked again and found a longer cable for the gpu so now that is fixed.
I just need to plug the fans in and I hope that wil be it.Then I can start her up and finish the build.

Thanks to every one that has helped me so far.

I got a new computer for my birthday.My mother ordered my some parts for a build.She is so sweet.This is what she got me.

cpu: core i7 920 Nehalem

mother board: Asus p6t

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar 640gb

opi drives: 2 Asus dvd drives

memory: 6gb ocr gold ddr3 1600

power supply: ocz 700 watt modxstream-pro

gpu: sapphire hd 3870 (not so good)

monitor: Acer 22" full hd

case: Thermaltake armor plus full tower

So what do you think? I would have picked a few differnt things but thats ok she tried to do her best with what she could afford.I am just greatfull to have such a sweet mom.This is my first build.I got this stuff yesterday morning.I dove right in and started building it.Well as you can guess I have run it to some problems with the wires.I got it just about all.I just need some help with the fans and the gpu.I dont under stand I have four pin plugs from the fans, but only three pins on the mother board and not much room.Second I found the plug for the gpu but it is way to short to reach the power supply.Please can some one help me? Thank you in advance.

if thats what your mom got you for your b-day
then i want her to adopt me :cool:
your a lucky man
enjoy the awesome new toy

The adapter that's connected to your video card looks like it has a standard 4 pin molex connector on the other end, That would just connect to any available molex connector coming from the PSU.

The OCZ ModXtreme should have two dedicated PCIe cables. They should have red ends on them that plug directly into the back of the power supply and the video card.

BINGO!

I looked again and found a longer cable for the gpu so now that is fixed.
I just need to plug the fans in and I hope that wil be it.Then I can start her up and finish the build.

Thanks to every one that has helped me so far.

Glad we could help :)

Hm, I think there's some little screw thingies that go in between the mobo and the case >< ... It looks like you have it flat on the case...

Although I may just be stupid...

;) -Q

So, tell your mom I got the adoption papers and am moving in this week, haha. She sounds really cool. Tell her I wish more people were kind like her.

Hm, I think there's some little screw thingies that go in between the mobo and the case >< ... It looks like you have it flat on the case...

Although I may just be stupid...

;) -Q

I do have the little stand offs inbetween the the mother board and the mother board try.

So, tell your mom I got the adoption papers and am moving in this week, haha. She sounds really cool. Tell her I wish more people were kind like her.

Thank you.She is very special.We have plenty of room for you.I just bought a new house and we will move in on the 10th of March.That was my birth day present to my self.

Nice stuff man, but why not exchange the 3870 for atleast a 4870 they are going pretty cheap now, i got the 1gb version for 124$ at newegg

I do have the little stand offs inbetween the the mother board and the mother board try.

Thank you.She is very special.We have plenty of room for you.I just bought a new house and we will move in on the 10th of March.That was my birth day present to my self.

My birthday is coming up soon *cough*. :D

Back
Top Bottom