My Athlon overclock

yes, but the XP-120 has copper heatpipes and a copper base, they are nickel plated. Even though the fins are aluminum, its just as good cuz it uses a 120mm fan.

Aluminum and copper are good. Copper can conduct heat better, but aluminum can dissapate heat better. That's why fins should be aluminum while the base and heatpipes are copper.

ThermalRight just makes everything nickel plated. :p

then why dont most heatsink maufacturers do the copper base/core with aluminum fins? Can copper come in different colors?

If they use copper and it's a different color, it's usually because they plate it in a different metal.

some say it might, some say it doesnt. For people that want to experiment with it, they lap it so it shows the copper base. Lapping takes a couple hours to get it nice though.

I'm actually looking into water cooling, because I know that I can push this CPU a lot further than what it's at right now. I got it bios stable at 3.015GHz as I posted before, so hopefully but doubtfully, with good ram and pretty good cooling I can hit atleast 3GHz. Would this be any good?? http://www.cancomputer.com/index.php?sku=3149

to tell you the truth, high end will beat water cooling kits, if not its just as good. The best kit would be the H20-120 Premium Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Kit from Swiftech. It can be found here: www.swiftnets.com

Back
Top Bottom