my amd freezes and says file missing/corrupt

yugiohstrife

In Runtime
hi i need help with my new amd athlon 64 3500+,geforce 6600gt,geil 512mb ram, 200b seagate hdd sata,gigabyte K8 triton K8NSNXP-939 NFORCE 3 (DUAL CHANNEL DDR400/AGP8X) when i loaded on xp home, it kept freezing then it said file missing or corrupt, then i loaded on xp home again but kept freezing and then said file missing or corrupt so then i took it to the store where i brought it from and the man said it was a software problem, saying that i was using and older version of xp home and it wasnt working well with it so he loaded on xp professional version 2002, adn then i took it home and started it up and then just after i clicked on the names at start up and the screen with start and so on comes up it freezes so i start it up again and then it says fil is missing or corrupt. please soemone help me, i dont think it is the software, it might just be the hardware but im not sure so please can someone help me this is important and the guy said if we return it, he gets to keep 20% of the money which is like $500, help me please please please!!!!!!!

prolly bad hdd, my hdd did that, but only ocne, i unno, put the xp cd in the cd drive, and start ur comp, dun go to teh xp install screen or nothin, just let it go untill u get into the OS

dun think so, its prolly a corrupt windows file, which happened to me, and when i put the xp cd in, and let it boot up, it seemed to fix the prolem, cuz i dun need the cd in teh drive anymore

Back
Top Bottom