My all new parts desktop blue error screen at XP installation (please help)

terrynad

Solid State Member
I bought all new parts for a desktop computer, put it all together and put the windows xp professional cd. It starts with the IDE scan and detects the drives. After a 20 sec pause, it detects the windows cd in the drive and starts to load the windows files. 5-10 min later, I get a blue error screen. The error says that widows was stoped to prevent damage to my computer (error 000000...7B) and other stuff like possible virus or damaged hard drive. If I restart and start again, it goes to a black screen with a small blinking white dash right after the IDE scan. It never goes to the windows installation again. I went back to the store and replaced the hard drive with a different brand and the same thing happened all over again. Now, I'm just staring at a black screen with a small blinking white dash. I wasted a lot of time picking and putting all the parts together and getting help from friends for nothing :(. Please help if you have an idea what part is messing up.

do you have a legit copy of windows xp? cuz my friend tried installing a burnt version and it messed up... with something like that on the blue screen

Take our pic! either it's a bad RAM, in which copies file and corrupts some

Either your CD is illegit

Well I solved the problem by taking out the hard disk and installing windows on it on a different computer. I used the same cd so I don't think that was the problem. Everything works perfectly now that I put the hard disk back. I have no idea what the problem was. Could it be some issue with my motherboard that prevented a fresh installation?

Yes I suppose, were all friends anyway, it isan't a competition to see who can give the best solution

Back
Top Bottom