Music editing and video editing...

El_Zilcho

Baseband Member
What freeware would you suggest for importing and splicing/generally editing my guitar? I basically just want to be able to import myself playing rythm, then put another part w/me playing lead over that. I checked out fruity loops, but it was a bit too complicated for me.

Also, I'm looking to cut down a 30-minute video into Youtube sized clips, and I was hoping someone could suggest something. I'd really appreciate it.

Cool, thanks. Is audacity easier than fruity loops? I couldn't even make the guitar make noise in fruity loops...:(

Yeah, a friend of mine made some AWESOME techno, but I'v just got no clue.

Maybe I'll have to go find some Tutorials after I've had more than 4 hours of sleep.

Honestly I've never used it, but I've heard great things about it.

I have used it, and let me tell you, that thing works like a charm!

When I first got it I was a little bit skeptical seeing as how it is freeware and all. However, when I booted it up I saw that the interface is extremely user-friendly and recording is a breeze. You can either record from a microphone that you plug in, or from a stereo mix (stuff that is being played on your computer). After that there are a lot of editing tools, my favorites being Change Pitch, Change Tempo, Wah Wah, Fade Out. It is really good for editing things.

It is also extremely easy to record two tracks, and then play them one on top of the other, or separately. You can also edit stuff from one track into the other.

In other words,

Audacity is the best music editing freeware, hands down.

Back
Top Bottom