Music Editing

Well, I have sonic foundry sound forge and adobe audition (not to mention all other sonic foundry progs :D ), and they are the two best. If you're really desperate for an awesome (But 1 grand) program that can fit onto a FLOPPY (because it's only 1 exe), try SAW PRO.
I have all of them :p .

I use Acid Pro 5 to do my music. but that costs retail about $500 or so, when you also buy acid packs (music loops). but sony offers a free program call Acidxpress, which is just like acid pro, only it is a stripped down version, and it has limited mp3 exports.

By the way, I second Wombat's opinion. Audicity has to be the best free one, plus its open source so editable too!

Its so good, I was shocked it was free when I first got it, and its rather easy to use too.

To save as MP3 files, you just have to download the Lame.dll encoder which you just simply browse for when you select it in one of the options. If you have winamp, just search for it using Windows Search, and simply browse that location.

if not, the files here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Lame_Encoder.htm

Hope this helps :)

I just got adobe audition and would love for any tips or tricks. i was using freeware but thought i would upgrade.

Well yep, Adobe Audiation is definetly an "upgrade" as it were all right :p
I'm afraid I dont know that much about it to help though...

Isn't that more a sequencer than an editor though?

Back
Top Bottom