Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
Beta Member
Send a message via AIM to Clax
Default Multimedia resource card- resource is not enough?

I put in a new sound card on Friday. When I put in the software disc to install the program it told me that this wasnt approved my microsoft. I didnt think it really mattered so I continued anyways (Which I am regretting now). My computer was starting to get slow on Saturday night and I decided to shut it off, it was at the Windows is Logging Off Stage when I went to bed and when I woke up it was still at the same screen.

So I shut it off and tried turning it on again. It would start up like normal then after a second it would go to the black screen giving me the options, use last known good configuration...ect... After a while of playing with that it wasnt doing anything. So I somehow ended up getting it to work again at the cost of losing everything =( I then started doing the updates again. Everything was working fine, then I had to get the SP2 update. It went through that for like a hr or so then at the end, it told me I it was unable to update. I tried it again over night and woke up to my screen saying screen on power save mode or something along those lines. Logged in and it took a minute or so and went to the desktop but the bar at the bottom with start was missing and a error came up:

Multimedia Resource Card- Resource not enough.

So, does anyone know why this is happening or have any idea on my situation?

Thank you
Clax is offline   Reply With Quote