MSI hydra engine

I want it so I can run my HD 4870 x2 with a HD 5850. They should be about equal in performance with the x2 @820/1000 and the 5850 @900/1000.

It supposedly has linear, near perfect scaling.

i can really see ATi buying them up, an using them to be incorporated into one of the newer GPUs so its pre built in to the PCB

I so want Nvidia w/ ATI SLI/CrossFireX hybrid. That would be insane. And doesn't Win7 allow multiple drivers to be used? Or are they saying that they can't generate the same image?

That is what it does.

What about the image?

Win 7 freaks the hell out if you have more than one driver. You are thinking XP, which still is not happy.

What about the possibility of combining an AMD and NVIDIA GPU to work together to render one image? This was my biggest hope after hearing the initial introduction. Apparently it won't be happening though as the operating system prevents multiple graphics drivers from running 3D applications at the same time. Since a 6800 and 9800 use the same driver from NVIDIA, both may operate in 3D mode without a hassle but combining AMD and NVIDIA just won't work. Let's hope for the future...

Sounds to me like that isn't what it does. From what I've read, it just allows better scaling and CrossFire and SLI on the same board.

No it doesn't, I have Nvidia and ATI drivers installed right now. I'm using my HD5770 for video, and my GTS250 for physx. I can access both control panels, and get a video output from each card.

Really? Well I guess they fixed it. The RC BSODed on me, and became irrecoverable because I tried to install Nvidia drivers along with ATI drivers.

I really do not know what it does exactly. I can't find any info on it, but what I did find said something about using a 6600 and a 9800 together so I am pretty sure that is what it does. and I saw pictures of how it works. It splits renderings between the two cards, instead of dividing frames. That should be able to work on any two cards, not just two of the same, and if it was done right, scaling would be near linear.

Back
Top Bottom